Sunday, January 25, 2015

First Blog Post

Welcome and thank you for taking the time to read my very first blog post! Before I go on about what I plan on offering on this blog page, I wanted to first take some time to introduce myself. My name is Autumn Alitz and I am a student-athlete at the University of Northern Iowa. I’m a senior double major in accounting and marketing, but I’m still trying to figure out exactly what I plan on doing with that once I graduate!  I’ve started this blog as part of a semester project for one of my marketing classes, but I am anxious to put the time and effort in to make it interesting for you all! Feel free to leave any feedback about my posts or even suggestions about what you might want me to consider for posts in the future!



The overall theme I chose for this blog is looking at how social media affects athletics. I think two of the most popular things in today’s society are social media and sports so I wanted to take this opportunity to see how they relate. Being a member of the UNI volleyball team helps me relate to this topic, as well as being an active user of social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, just like many other young adults around the world today. Social media is rapidly growing and influencing more and more people each day. I hope to provide personal examples on how social media has affected sports here at UNI, as well as other colleges and even pro athletes.


To finish off this first post, I have provided some of some of what have been considered the top tweets from athletes over the past few years. Enjoy! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment